ASTANA. KAZINFORM – Deputies of the Senate of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan at the plenary session of the chamber adopted the Law “On Amendments and Additions to Certain Legislative Acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Cinematography, Culture and Holidays”, Kazinform correspondent reports.
In particular, it is proposed to amend the Law “On holidays in the Republic of Kazakhstan”, which establish the Republic Day as a national holiday on October 25 and the Independence Day as a public holiday on December 16. It is also proposed to exclude the Day of the First President – December 1 from the list of public holidays.
In addition, as noted in the conclusion of the Committee for Social and Cultural Development and Science, the draft law proposes amendments and additions to the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Cinematography” and “On Culture”, providing for the following conceptual amendments and novelties:
– state financial support for the sphere of cinematography;
– systematization and legislative regulation of the preservation and development of the material and technical base of the sphere of cinematography;
– state support for dubbing into the state language of children’s animated films and films for family viewing;
– expanding the circle of subjects of cinematographic activity in order to receive state financial support in the field of cinematography;
– legislative regulation of the mechanism for the creation of the National Film Commission and its functioning under the State Center for the Support of National Cinema;
– state support for the promotion of national films in international arenas;
– determination of new approaches to the distribution of funds allocated for the production of national films: 70% – for historical, patriotic and image films, 30% – for co-financing of private film projects, including debut films;
– introduction of new definitions to ensure a unified law enforcement practice in the implementation of the norms of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Cinematography”.
– supplementing the competence of the authorized body in the field of culture to develop and approve the rules for determining the thematic areas of socially significant events and cultural events in the field of culture in the Republic of Kazakhstan and abroad;
– assigning to state museums the function of ensuring the protection of cultural property.
As the Vice Minister of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nurkisa Daueshov explained, the adoption of the bill will help stimulate the development of domestic cinematography by creating a National Film Commission, attracting foreign investors, representing the film industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan at international film business sites and other events.