Canning makes it possible not only to preserve the harvest, but also to significantly save time in the kitchen in winter, when it is time to open the blanks. In autumn, when vegetables are relatively cheap, you can prepare a full-fledged main course for the winter – vegetable pilaf. In winter, it will be enough to uncork the jar and warm up its contents.
- rice – 2 cups;
- tomatoes – 2 kg;
- bell pepper – 2 kg;
- carrots – 500 g;
- onions – 500 g;
- vegetable oil – 1.5 cups;
- sugar – 1 cup;
- salt – 4 tbsp. l.
- Sterilize jars and lids in any convenient way.
- Boil rice in salted water until half cooked.
- Peel the vegetables, cut them into cubes and put them in a saucepan. Add vegetable oil, salt and sugar.
- Bring the vegetable mixture to a boil, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add rice to vegetables, cook for another 10 minutes.
- Arrange vegetable pilaf in prepared jars, cover with lids.
- In a saucepan, the bottom of which is covered with a towel, put the jars of vegetable pilaf. Pour water into the pan so that it reaches the shoulders of the jars. Put the pan on the fire, bring the water to a boil and sterilize the jars with the workpiece for 15 minutes.
- Close the jars with lids using a special key, turn them upside down and wrap them in a warm blanket. Leave until completely cool.
- Store jars of vegetable pilaf in a cool place.
There are many recipes for ready-made dishes that can be preserved for the winter. Cabbage solyanka recipe with mushrooms uncomplicated, and the resulting dish can be served hot for lunch or dinner, and cold as a snack.