This original preparation will not leave anyone indifferent: honey gives lecho an original taste and aroma. At the same time, it is prepared easily and quickly. In winter, lecho will be a great addition to pasta, meat or poultry.
- tomatoes – 1 kg;
- sunflower oil – 50 g;
- Bulgarian yellow pepper – 300 g;
- salt – to taste;
- honey – 40 g;
- black peppercorns – to taste;
- mustard seeds – to taste;
- dried garlic – to taste;
- dried bay leaf – 3 g;
- cinnamon – 3 g;
How to cook lecho from peppers with tomatoes and honey:
- Wash ripe tomatoes well and dry with a towel. Cut them into random pieces.
- Place in a saucepan with a little sunflower oil.
- Boil the tomatoes for 15-20 minutes. If the fruits are fleshy, you can add a little water.
- Cut the pepper into random pieces and add to the tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil, salt to taste.
- Simmer the sauce over low heat for another 15 minutes, then add honey.
- Add black peppercorns, mustard seeds, dried garlic, bay leaf and cinnamon to the sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil.
- Immediately place the boiling sauce in sterile jars and roll up.
- Send jars of lecho to a dark and cool place until completely cooled.