Ust-Kamenogorsk. KAZINFORM – Last night, 29 tons of hay burned in the yard of a private house in the Altynbel village of Katon-Karagay district, Zheltoksan street. Rescuers quickly extinguished the fire, Kazinform reports with reference to the press service of the Department of Emergency Situations of the East Kazakhstan region.
In East Kazakhstan, since the beginning of the fire hazard period, more than 800 tons of hay have burned as a result of the 41st fire that has occurred. Firefighters put out the fire both in the open area where roughage is stored, and in the territory of the hayloft.
The main causes of fires in haylofts are careless handling of fire, non-compliance with fire safety requirements.
According to the rescuers, the hay burns very intensely, the fire rapidly spreads to the haystacks and instantly destroys them.
“In order to prevent fires, managers and employees of agricultural enterprises, residents of summer cottages are regularly briefed, gatherings, campaign materials are distributed,” said Serik Amangeldin, Deputy Head of the Department of Emergency Situations of the East Kazakhstan region.
DES EKO recommends the following fire safety rules:
– platforms for placing stacks must be plowed along the perimeter with a strip of at least four meters wide;
– the distance from the edge of the plowed strip to the stack located on the site must be at least 15 meters, and to a free-standing stack – at least 5 meters;
– the area of the base of the haystack should not exceed 150 square meters, and the pile of pressed hay – 500 square meters;
– fire-prevention distances between individual stacks, sheds and stacks (stacks) must be at least 20 meters;
– stacks of roughage are placed at a distance of at least 15 meters to the axis of communication lines, at least 50 meters to buildings, structures and forest plantations, outside the right of way and protected areas of railways, roadside lanes of highways and protected areas of overhead power lines;
– when transporting hay by transport, the height of its laying should not exceed 4.5 meters.