Appetizing crispy cucumbers in a light spicy marinade will be a great addition to meat, fish or poultry. They can be used as toppings for sandwiches, or you can just serve them on the table as a full-fledged salad replacement.
- cucumbers – 1 kg;
- onion – 160 g;
- garlic – 5 cloves;
- bay leaf – 2 pcs;
- granular mustard – 2.5 tbsp. l.;
- vegetable oil – 4 tbsp. l.;
- black peppercorns – 10 pcs;
- sugar – 2.5 tbsp. l.;
- vinegar 9% – 4 tbsp. l.;
- salt – 1 tbsp. l.
How to cook gourmet cucumbers:
- Cut the cucumbers into cubes, chop the onion into medium-sized half rings.
- Add vegetable oil, salt, sugar, mustard, bay leaf, pepper, vinegar to the saucepan and mix.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Put chopped onion in a saucepan and mix.
- Now add the chopped cucumbers, mix gently and simmer already on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic to the saucepan and stir. Turn off the stove.
- Let the cucumbers cool in the refrigerator and they are ready to serve.
The very process of pickling cucumbers seems not so complicated, however, there are some nuances here. Experienced housewives shared the secrets of how to make cucumbers salty and crunchy.