Chicken in orange sauce is the dish that saves the day and turns lunch or dinner into a real feast. This is facilitated by the original combination of flavors, sour and sweet notes of the sauce, as well as the beautiful glossy appearance of the chicken.
- chicken fillet – 850 g;
- chicken egg – 2 pcs;
- sugar – 0.5 tbsp.;
- soy sauce – 0.2 tbsp.;
- chicken broth – 0.5 tbsp.;
- orange – 1 pc.;
- sriracha sauce – 1 tsp;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- fresh ginger (root) – 0.5 tsp;
- ground black pepper – to taste;
- hot red pepper – to taste;
- sunflower oil – 1 tbsp.;
- sesame – 1 tbsp. l.;
- apple cider vinegar – 0.3 tbsp.;
- water – 1 tbsp. l.;
- corn starch – 1 tbsp. l.
How to cook chicken in orange sauce:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a baking dish lightly with vegetable oil.
- Grate the zest of an orange and squeeze out the juice from it (about half a glass).
- Mince the garlic. In a bowl, mix chicken broth, freshly squeezed orange juice, zest, vinegar, soy sauce, minced garlic, grated ginger root, sugar, ground black pepper and red pepper, and sriracha sauce.
- Heat a frying pan with vegetable oil on the stove, as for deep frying. Fry chicken pieces in oil on both sides for 1-2 minutes until soft golden brown.
- Arrange the fried chicken pieces in a single row on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Dilute starch with water. Add to sauce bowl, mix well and pour over chicken.
- Put the form in the oven with chicken for 20 minutes. Turn the chicken every 5 minutes, basting the sauce from the bottom of the pan. When the sauce is thick enough, the chicken is ready.
- Sprinkle the finished dish with sesame seeds.